Job Opportunities at VACGEN
As pioneers in the field of UHV technology, Vacgen’s focus on innovation, reliability and quality has helped great minds take great leaps forward. Products from VACGEN are widely used by the world’s leading Universities and research institutions, from NASA and the European Space Agency to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
At our new, purpose-built manufacturing facility near Hailsham, East Sussex we have entered an exciting new phase in our development as we embark on an ambitious expansion programme. We are always interested in hearing from talented, flexible and ambitious individuals to join our team. If you have manufacturing or engineering experience then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer 25 days holiday, company pension, life insurance, flexible working hours with a 1200hrs finish on a Friday, a state of the art working environment, a great benefits package and a competitive salary.
Responsible for operating manual milling/turning machines to produce high quality components to tight tolerances for use in UHV precision assemblies.
· Must have the ability to read technical drawings to set and operate manual milling/turning machines with Proto Track type controls and measure critical features using a range of metrology equipment.
· The ability to programme using Alpha Cam would be an advantage.
· Proven track record of understanding how to use machines and problems associated with machining different shapes and sizes of components.
· You must understand the requirements of On Time Delivery both internally and externally and have the ability to prioritise projects to achieve targets without compromising on quality.
· Minimum of 3 years experience of manual machining in a production environment
In return we can offer flexible working hours with a 1200hrs finish on a Friday, a state of the art working environment and a competitive salary.