Job Opportunities at VACGEN
As pioneers in the field of UHV technology, Vacgen’s focus on innovation, reliability and quality has helped great minds take great leaps forward. Products from VACGEN are widely used by the world’s leading Universities and research institutions, from NASA and the European Space Agency to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
At our new, purpose-built manufacturing facility near Hailsham, East Sussex we have entered an exciting new phase in our development as we embark on an ambitious expansion programme. We are always interested in hearing from talented, flexible and ambitious individuals to join our team. If you have manufacturing or engineering experience then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer 25 days holiday, company pension, life insurance, flexible working hours with a 1200hrs finish on a Friday, a state of the art working environment, a great benefits package and a competitive salary.
Providing manufacturing engineering support for the design and development team
• Ensure up to date drawings are available in manufacturing
• Root cause engineering problems and seek to eliminate
• Provide engineering support for quotations and technical enquiries
• Maintain project management processes and deliver development projects on budget and time
• Perform feasibility study on select NPI’s
• Check detail drawings to BS 8888 (308)
• Create BOM’s and planning sheets for new products & systems.
• Carry out FMEA
• Keep up to date with technical innovation in the UHV & manufacturing areas
• Understand competitive position and perform reverse engineering and bench marking of competitive products
• Provide timely production engineering support for custom orders to agreed dead lines
• Provide technical support to other team members and help them to check their work
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
• Root cause analysis
• Production Engineering of components and assemblies
• Microsoft Office products
• Project costing & quotation
It would be great if you had:
• Experience of Microsoft Dynamics
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a HNC/D in Mechanical and Production Engineering
About the Commercial Support Engineer role:
This role involves some travel across the UK and internationally Approximately 4 days per month.
As a successful Project Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining direct contact with major research institutes, managing their projects and developments which in turn will increase sales!
You will be collaborating with sales and engineering to support customers and representatives, understand their needs and identify solutions alongside providing technical support.
You will be working key accounts, visiting customers, developing relationships and building business opportunities!
You will further be responsible for:
- Customer project management (with engineering, manufacturing)
- Grow sales pipeline with direct accounts and agent networks
- Manage pipeline and strategy for winning identified opportunities
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers or prospective customers
- Support agents in conferences where appropriate
- Identify and qualify additional agents
The essential skills, experience and qualifications required for this role are:
- Bachelor in Science, Mechanical Engineering or relevant professional experience will be considered.
- Outgoing energetic personality.
- Well organised and structured.
- Passion for people and technology.
- Fluent in English.
- Full driver’s license.
The skills and experience we would like the employee in this role to have are:
- Up to 3 years’ experience in a technical role preferably with some customer interaction
- Ideally some practical experience in the field of scientific equipment or other technical equipment
- Any additional language skills should be highlighted
We require all employees to have the following personal qualities/attributes:
- Ability to work on own initiative, taking ownership
- High levels of motivation, enthusiasm
- Good at listening, providing input and implementing decisions
- Working in teams to create commercial outcomes and provide customer solutions
- Confident in delivering technical presentations explaining products and services
Operating manual milling machines to produce high quality components to tight tolerances for use in UHV precision assemblies. Ability to read technical drawings to set and operate manual milling machines with Proto Track type controls and measure critical features using a range of metrology equipment.
• A proven track record of understanding how to use machines and problems associated with machining different shapes and sizes of components
• Ability to read engineering drawings and operate manual machines.
• Must understand requirements of On Time Delivery both internally and externally
• Have an understanding of how parts/material will react after and during machining to be able to foresee potential problems before they arise.