Job Opportunities at VACGEN
As pioneers in the field of UHV technology, Vacgen’s focus on innovation, reliability and quality has helped great minds take great leaps forward. Products from VACGEN are widely used by the world’s leading Universities and research institutions, from NASA and the European Space Agency to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
At our new, purpose-built manufacturing facility near Hailsham, East Sussex we have entered an exciting new phase in our development as we embark on an ambitious expansion programme. We are always interested in hearing from talented, flexible and ambitious individuals to join our team. If you have manufacturing or engineering experience then please send your CV to email@example.com
We offer 25 days holiday, company pension, life insurance, flexible working hours with a 1200hrs finish on a Friday, a state of the art working environment, a great benefits package and a competitive salary.
Providing manufacturing engineering support for the design and development team
• Ensure up to date drawings are available in manufacturing
• Root cause engineering problems and seek to eliminate
• Provide engineering support for quotations and technical enquiries
• Maintain project management processes and deliver development projects on budget and time
• Perform feasibility study on select NPI’s
• Check detail drawings to BS 8888 (308)
• Create BOM’s and planning sheets for new products & systems.
• Carry out FMEA
• Keep up to date with technical innovation in the UHV & manufacturing areas
• Understand competitive position and perform reverse engineering and bench marking of competitive products
• Provide timely production engineering support for custom orders to agreed dead lines
• Provide technical support to other team members and help them to check their work
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
• Root cause analysis
• Production Engineering of components and assemblies
• Microsoft Office products
• Project costing & quotation
It would be great if you had:
• Experience of Microsoft Dynamics
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a HNC/D in Mechanical and Production Engineering
Responsible for measuring, inspecting, testing and validating various components and assemblies to specification. Recording information to drive improvement in quality performance and identifying root cause to prevent future failures. To be the champion for maintaining quality standards across the business from goods receipt through to customer delivery and providing feedback and data to raise standards. Experience using CMM or Faro arm equipment is preferred.
Candidates must have the following experience:
• Experience working to ISO 9001.
• Have at least 3 years’ experience working in a machine shop or similar manufacturing environment and possess a good understanding of Quality and Process management tools and methodology. Examples including 5S, flowcharts, VSM, Kaizen, Pareto, QCPC, 5 whys
• Experience of using CMM or Faro Arm devices and proficient with a range of metrology equipment typically used in machine shop environments.
• Able to read and understand technical drawings and engineering specifications