Job Opportunities at VACGEN
As pioneers in the field of UHV technology, Vacgen’s focus on innovation, reliability and quality has helped great minds take great leaps forward. Products from VACGEN are widely used by the world’s leading Universities and research institutions, from NASA and the European Space Agency to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
At our new, purpose-built manufacturing facility near Hailsham, East Sussex we have entered an exciting new phase in our development as we embark on an ambitious expansion programme. We are always interested in hearing from talented, flexible and ambitious individuals to join our team. If you have manufacturing or engineering experience then please send your CV to email@example.com
We offer 25 days holiday, company pension, life insurance, flexible working hours with a 1200hrs finish on a Friday, a state of the art working environment, a great benefits package and a competitive salary.
We are recruiting a Setter/Operator for CMZ machines to produce parts correct to drawing. The role requires changing from machine to machine at infrequent intervals.
Candidates must have the following skills:
· Must have experience in using CMZ machines
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
· Ability to read & understand ISO and conversational machine programs
· To be able to foresee potential problems before they arise
· Must have experience in machining chambers and fabricated items
· Understands requirements of On Time Delivery both internally and externally
· Experienced in manual turning
· Experienced in CNC turning
· Basic training of a craft apprenticeship and 5 years minimum experience of actual machining
The role involves fabrication of vacuum chambers, components and sub-assemblies as required in line with planned manufacturing operations to defined quality standards and timescales. Complete projects in accordance with planned schedules aligning fabrication and welding workload with machine shop operations. Quality Control evaluations. Set up and running of leak checking operations using mass spectrometry equipment, (helium leak detectors) on all chamber vessels.
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
· Able to read specified drawings
· Established skillset in metal fabrication including the use of precision measuring equipment
· Experience in TIG welding would be an advantage
Operating manual milling machines to produce high quality components to tight tolerances for use in UHV precision assemblies. Ability to read technical drawings to set and operate manual milling machines with Proto Track type controls and measure critical features using a range of metrology equipment.