The sample mounts are the interface between the sample and the movements of the manipulator. They are attached to the tip of rotary drive and provide rotation to the sample and connection for sample services such as heating or cooling.
The drive shafts are supported and pass through the bore of the manipulator to the correct length inside the vacuum chamber to allow the sample to be in position with the analysis equipment or energy beam.
SH1 single axis of rotation about the centre of the manipulator for primary or polar rotation. For this range of sample mount, the polar rotation is actuated via the primary rotary drive mounted on top of the manipulation.
The sample holders can accommodate the standard flag style and square substrates of 1mm thickness with either 14mm or 25mm dimensions as standard.
We are happy to consider variations to these as required.
The main materials used are stainless steel, alumina, beryllium copper and OFHC copper.
The SH1 provides one axis of rotation about the centre of the manipulator.
Two different offset positions available;
- a) The SH2E50 will provide move the sample away from the centre axis,
- b) The SH2R64 moves the sample position 64mm above the central axis.
As with all the manipulation range, this module is fully compatible for both the heating and cooling modules making it the perfect multidiscipline two axis sample mounting module.
Note: totally non-magnetic version are available
|Sample Holders - Basic Specifications|
|Part code and stp. files||SH1||SH1E50||SH2||SH2E50||SH2R64||SH2F||SH2RT||SM2T||SM2VT|
|Rotary Drive Required||RD1||RD1||RD2||RD2||RD2||RD224||RD2||RD2||RD2|
|Primary (R1) Rotation|
|Azimuthal (R2) Rotation|
|Tilt (R3) Rotation||±110°||±10°||±10°|
|Bare backplate (mm)||9 to 12||9 to 50||9 to 12||9 to 50||54 to 64||9 to 12||5.5 to 9.5||5.5 to 7.5||5.5 to 7.5|
|Plain or heater unit (mm)||0 to 3||0 to 41||0 to 3||0 to 41||60 to 66||0 to 3||0 to 2.5||0 to 2.5||0 to 2.5|
|No services (mm)||25||25 (min)||25||25 (min)||54 to 64||25||31||35||24|
|With all services (mm)||38||38 (min)||38||38 (min)||54 to 64||38||44||Variable||Variable|
|'H' dimension (mm)||66||66||66||66||66||103||66||66||66|
|Resistive heater (HST)||950°C||950°C||950°C||950°C||950°C||950°C||950°C||950°C||950°C|
|EB heater (EBH)||1200°C||1200°C||1200°C||1200°C||1200°C||1200°C||1200°C||1200°C||1200°C|
|Approx. resolution per |
halfstep of RD motor
|R1 rotation (stepper)||0.01°||0.01°||0.01°||0.01°||0.01°||0.01°||0.01°||0.01°||0.01°|
|R2 rotation (stepper)||-||-||0.001°||0.001°||0.001°||0.001°||-||-||-|
|R3 rotation (stepper)||-||-||-||-||-||-||0.001°||0.0001°||0.0001°|
- Relative permeability is <1.005
- Low swept volume
- Samples of varying thickness can be rotated on axis
- Standard Sample Offset, 9 to 12mm (without heater)
- Sample offset with SH1E50 option 9 to 50mm (without heater)
- Primary (R1) Rotation with no services 360°
- Primary (R1) Rotation With services i.e.heating and cooling ±180°
- Swept Radius from 25mm to 38mm depending on additional modules being selected
- Residual Magnetism 10 milli Gauss
Accepts the following options
- Resistive heater (HST) 950°C option
- EB heater (EBH) 1200°C option
- Cooling (ZLN) -160°C option
- 14mm plain accessory where heating/cooling is not required
- 25mm plain accessory where heating/cooling is not required